Thursday, November 14, 2013

Drugstore Beauty Haul and Makeup Storage!

Today's blog is inspired by our "Drug Store Beauty Haul" video on our YouTube channel!
We are just going to go a little more in depth and give you some organizing tips! 


We are beauty bloggers so obviously we love makeup and beauty products. But like most people, we don't like to spend an outrageous amount of money on them. So drugstore beauty products can be a  great alternative to some high-end brands. Jessica and I did a little bit of shopping this week and I decided to share what I bought with you guys! Above is the whole lot of what I purchased from various stores including Walmart, Dollar Tree, Meijer, and Target. Let's get started!!!

My first purchase was this 10 piece makeup kit by the brand Caboodles! I bought this at Walmart for $19.99. I have been looking for a new way to store and travel with my makeup because my old makeup bags just weren't big enough. Most of the sets I found were about $15 for two pieces. I just wanted something worth the price. I finally found this one and I am very happy with it. I just put all of my products in this set and they all fit :) This will make it a lot easier to visit my boyfriend/ parents on the weekend.




 These four makeup bags are great for storing my makeup and my everyday essentials. The first holds my pallets and the makeup I use daily. The second carries all of my favorite lip products. The third is filled with my brushes and eyeliners. Finally, the last one is filled with toiletry items that are great to have on hand when traveling or doing my makeup. Like this makeup bag? Check out this one in a different pattern! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Caboodles-Le-Sophistique-Cosmetic-Bag-Set-10-pc/24511833

These are the items in my last bag that I use almost daily. Wet wipes are really an essential for me. Being a nanny I use these all the time. I also use these during my makeup routine to wipe the foundation or any other makeup off my hands. Facial Buff Sponges have many different uses for me. I use these to exfoliate my skin and take off my makeup. Jessica also uses these to clean her makeup brushes by putting them at the bottom of a cup that is filled with brush cleaner. They help absorb the makeup left on the brush when the brush is rubbed against them. My favorite use for these sponges is to cure my chapped lips. To find out my home remedy for that check out our October Favorites video here ---->   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lskkQbCUnY&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ


The red storage bin I purchased was from Dollar Tree for $1! I liked to keep my stuff all in one space that is easily assessable. Living with a toddler who gets into everything, it is a lot safer to keep this stuff in my bedroom than in the bathroom which is a shared space. If you would like us to do a blog or video on our shower care essentials and routine leave us a comment!

Above are my two favorite hair protects that I can't go without. TRESemme Thermal Creations heat protection spray to use when I use my straighter,curling wand, waver, ect. This keeps my hair from getting so damaged from the high temperature of these tools. The other hair product I love is my Pantene Detangling Spray. This smells amazing and is one thing that I use everyday. These do come in fairly large bottles so I had been on the hunt for some travel sized spray bottles. I found these two at Walmart for less than a dollar each. I just poured each of these products into a bottle and after removing the label I used a permanent marker to label the bottles. Now I can take these with me and take up less space!
 Check out my two favorite haircare products here ----------------------------------------------------->

Since we are on the subject of traveling light, I thought I would share the travel sized items I keep in my handbag! Wet wipes, of course. I also keep TREsemme's travel sized hair spray, some tissue and TREsemme's Volumizing dry shampoo. These were all $1 each at Walmart! If you are interested in seeing the other things we keep in our purses then you can head over to our YouTube channel and watch our "What's In My Bag?" video. ------------------------------------------------------------>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRdrCFP8uE&list=TLBYVaOltDW9r7ldeJuSjoPUOJicHSZesn

These are some of the purchases I made when going on my little shopping trip. I got Revlon's Nail Art Stencils in the bow design for $1. The L.A. Colors Nail Art in the color White was also $1. Meijer was having a buy one get one 50% off deal on NYC products so I picked up two of those. One eye shadow pallet and one blush. I also got a blush by the brand Aziza and a Wet and Wild eye brow kit. Lastly, I got two more L.A. Colors' products. A lip gloss by them in clear and an eyeliner in the color Black. To see a more in depth description and swatches of there makeup products check out our haul video. --------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWZeetr64Q&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ

These three broducts are things I have been needing for a while and I just wanted to try some drugstore dupes. The elf setting spray is supposed to keep your makeup in place all day long. I usually use De Slick's setting spray and I actually really recommend that one. It is a little bit pricey but you get get it in the sample size for around $12. This one by elf was only $3. I have not used it yet so I will let you guys know how I like it! I use an elf concealer right now and it isn't as great of coverage as my previous concealer from Mac. But I can't justify spending $18 for less than a lip stick sized tube of it. Jessica uses the Age Rewind by Maybelline and whenever she mentioned it in a tutorial I would always think about picking it up. So I finally, got it. (Thanks mom!) I am really pumped to try it out!!! I also just picked up some non-scented nail polish remover because I have not had a full bottle in a while.

Try the De Slick setting spray by Urban Decay----> 

I also picked up these! I got the hair donut from the Dollar Tree for $1 and the ELLE head bands from a local discount store. The "sock bun" look is very in right now. (check out our Sunday Funday blog to learn more). I am going to try out the hair donut and if I like it and can get it right (cross your fingers) I will do a hair tutorial!


 We hit 100 subscribers!!! We know that it may not seem like a lot to some of you but this is a big deal to us! We have been working hard and our appreciative for every single subscriber we have. It has almost been a month since we started our blog and our YouTube journey and we couldn't be having a better time! You are all so great with tweeting us, sharing our posts, and commenting such nice things on our videos! We are going to be doing a give away to celebrate so subscribe and keep watching our videos to find out how you can win! Also, if you have a YouTube channel or blog and want a feature in our blog or on our channel, let us know! We will for sure check out your page and subscribe or follow. Once again, we thank you sooooo much!!!

 Watch this Beauty Haul on our YouTube Channel by Clicking here!


 
 Don't forget to check out our other recent video! We filmed the "Sister Tag"! We answer questions about ourselves and each other and let you know a little bit more about ourselves!!!



Make sure to check out our links below!

 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
     Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty





 x0x0 Katie Lynn and Jessica Brynn!





Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. Hi :) I'm a beauty and fashion blogger as well. It would be so cool if you'd check out my blog xx http://www.charming-thou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML