Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Fashion and a Haul!

The leaves are changing color and falling from the trees, your days are spent cuddled up wearing fuzzy socks and sipping hot apple cider. Yep, it is that time of year again, FALL:) Or "Fall for two days and then four long months of winter" as it is known in Michigan. Yes, we are from "the mitten" "the D" "America's high five" or as we call it, home. We have lived in this weather bipolar state of Michigan for our whole lives. A few good things have come from it- Cider Mills, The Red Wings, and getting to experience all four seasons in one week. Good or bad? Well to each their own, but personally I love it. My name is Katie and my sister's name is Jessica. She is beautiful, funny, sarcastic also happens to be really into makeup. I love clothes, I can't tell you how many times I have had to give clothes away because they were piling up around me. Our huge family (two boys, four girls) has always been funny, loving, and I'll admit crazy at times. I mean sharing a bathroom with three other girls was not exactly easy. Jessica has always been the life of the party. Always making us laugh, and always making new friends. She decided that she wanted to make a YouTube channel to give girls advice on makeup, style, and all the things she loves. She asked me to do it with her so we could share the experience together. I love to blog and have been doing it for some time so I figured YouTube would just be another way to express myself. Jessica's middle name is Brynn and mine is Lynn, we put them together to make our channel name: Brynnlynnbeauty. Alright, enough of the long ramble about us and our lives, lets get to the good stuff. CLOTHES!

The first thing we are loving for fall is OLIVE GREEN! It is so cute and you can pair it with almost anything. The peplum blouse (top left) is a perfect layering piece for fall. It has gold detailing around the neck line and very soft fabric. This item was purchased from Target on sale for 9.98 :) The hooded jacket (top right) is one of my favorite jackets for fall. It is comfortable and gives the layered effect with little to no effort. This jacket was around $35 from Windsor. http://www.windsorstore.com/Olive-Knit-Hooded-Jacket/p/170799 <--- There is a link for you if you want to check it out! The true military jacket (bottom left) is a staple for fall. I have been looking for an affordable one for some time now. When I couldn't find one I settled for the jacket with the gem collar (bottom right). The to jackets are very similar. Same color, draw strings, and both have embellishments on the collar. One studs (left) one gems (right) Both of these jackets are from kohl's. The jacket on the left was $40 and the one on the right was $10. We definitely recommend fitting some olive green into your wardrobe!


Boots! Boots! Boots! Combat boots are our favorite type of shoes this fall. The (top left) pair of boots are from DSW from the brand mix number six. We love that you have an option to fold them down to reveal the cool American flag print or you can just wear them all the way laced up for a more causal look.These were $59.95 and are Jessica's new obsession. 
The brown flannel combat boots (top left) as well as the black and silver combat boots (bottom left) were Poshmark purchases. Poshmark is a smart phone app that allowed girls to buy and trade from other girl's virtual closets. I paid under $10 for both pairs and they are both in great condition. The bootie heals (bottom right) are my most loved pair of shoes right now. I can wear these with anything and they instantly make my legs look longer and somehow my leggings classier. As a nanny, I am inside with only my niece who doesn't seem to care what I look like. "Leggings it is!" <--- My inner monologue every day of the week. These boots were only $10 at Charlotte Russe last year during one of their amazing shoe sales. I have seen similar ones at pretty much an department store, but for a lot more money.  
My Madden Girl boots were put through the ringer last winter when I wore them almost ever day. Sadly, I broke off one of the heal and it was just barely hanging there :( My mom suggested that I take them to a local dry cleaning place where they do shoe repair. It was going to cost me a third of what I paid for the boots brand new to get them fixed, so I embarked on a DIY journey. I looked on pinterest, google, every other website possible until I stumbled upon a Youtube video advertising this glue. Shoe Goo! Its glue for your shoe! I know that's cheesy, but that was the tag line of the video. I decided to give it a try and finally found it at our local Walmart. After about five minutes of Jessica and I arguing with the cashier who insisted that I must have my ID because we were going to huff it, I finally purchased the glue. I mean who huffs shoe glue? Honestly... Anyways, moral of the story is this stuff is awesome! I put some between the disconnected heal and the boots and WALLA. So if you are having shoe troubles, maybe you broke a heal drunkenly dancing on top of a bar (it's okay, we won't tell) pick some of this up.

So since we are on the subject of shoes.....why not talk about their best friend- SOCKS. And tights, of course. Jessica and I both picked up these socks (left and right) from Nordstrom Rack and they are from the Steve Madden brand. They have the cutest little ruffles and go great with knee high boots or scrunched up under combat boots like the ones earlier in this blog :) The tights (middle) are by the brand Legale and are very fitted (like tights should be) but are plush-lined so they are perfect to transition your dresses and skirts into the fall and winter. These were all $5.95 a piece.
Now, fall just wouldn't be fall without scarves! I have more scarves than I know what to do with. I love them, they are most definitely my most purchased item. The great thing is, mine are cheap! In price, not quality. The (top left) colored scarf has a lot of fall colors mixed in and a very cute leopard/orange pattern. It also has blue horseshoes all over the black print which is what originally drew me to it. I bought this for $2.99 brand new from Goodwill in the "Target's rejects section" as I like to call it. The (right) infinity scarf and the Aztec print scarf (bottom left) are both from Charlette Russe. There scarves are $5 each in store.
But you can check them out online- http://www.charlotterusse.com/thumbnail/Accessories/Scarves/pc/2116/2590.uts
Pants party! In Michigan, you don't get much of a choice of leg wear if you want to be warm. Unless you are one of those crazy girls who brave the cold winter months in booty shorts and Ugg boots. That's not our thing, so we wear PANTS:) One thing was love is distressed denim. The blue jeans pictured in the top left corner are from H&M. I love H&M for many things but pants are not one of them! Their pants are not the best quality when it comes to the zippers and buttons. However, I do love this pair and they have held up thus far. These type of jeans look totally cute tucked into boots in the fall. The olive green pants (top right) are from Kohl's and they are my new favorite pair of pants. I love the color and they fit perfectly. These were around $20 dollars and have the cutest little zippers. Okay, I have to move on because I could honestly go on about those all day. Anyways, the coral color pants (bottom left) were another Goodwill find. I got these Mossimo (Target brand) pants brand new for only $5. Tags still on them and everything. Crazy, I know. The last pair of pants pictured (bottom right) are from Rue21 and I bought them for around $20. They are the best skinny jeans I have ever owned. I only wore them for a few weeks and they are sadly too big on me now :( Oh well, that is what belts are for! 
Keeping up with things bought at Rue21. One of our favorite fall clothing pieces-VESTS:)
The two pictured on they right were $6 each and Jessica and I both bought the black and the olive green color. These go nicely over dresses, long sleeves, and even a light jacket. The denim vest on the right is acid washed and a little edgy. The shoulders have spikes and the back has a back lace panel. This vest was only $10. To get a better look at these you can watch our fall haul which features these. 
Check it out right here ------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Beanies are so cute for fall. They keep you nice and cozy while adding a cute look to an outfit. You don't even have to live in a cold climate to wear these. They have a ton of varieties from light to thick. All of these hats were purchased at Charlotte Russe for $5 each. 
They say when you leave the house you should take one accessory off. Ditch the bracelets and keep the necklace! We love big statement necklaces for this fall. Necklaces like these can easily jazz up a graphic T-shirt of sweater.
The silver necklace (left) and the pearl peter pan collar (top right) were purchased from Rue21 for $12 each. The other two necklaces were purchased from Charming Charlie in the buy one get one free section. The black and silver one layered over my 'Chic Geek' shirt is my favorite accessory of the moment :)
Moving onto Jessica's favorite, beauty. She purchased some Mac products recently and shared them with viewers in our Fall Hall! A nice bronzer, a pretty blush, and a few eyes shadows. For names and pricing check out our YouTube video which will be linked at the end of this blog :) The bottom picture displays my cute little owl our sister Shanie made me and some of my fall favorites. I got a new Essie called "Penny Talk" and you guys, it looks like a penny on your nails. It's crazy. Having my hands full with my niece I can't sit around and wait for the paint to dry all day. Thankfully, you only need one coat of this and because of that it has quickly become my new go-to nail polish. I also purchased a red lipstick from the Kate Moss Collection by Rimmel London. This is the shade '09' and it is very pigmented and pretty.
 Okay, I know what you some of you are thinking. Did I just see a picture of horse shampoo on a beauty blog? Well, before you exit out of our blog and go find someone who knows what they are talking about.... Consider this- IT REALLY WORKS. This is not only for horses, but also for humans too. The bottle can testify for me because it reads "For human use". But believe me I know its hard to believe because Jessica tried to convince me not to get it from the pet aisle all the way to the checkout line. While I will say it doesn't have much of a scent and doesn't have that lathered up soap feeling of normal (human) shampoo, it has made my hair softer. My oldest sister didn't believe me either so she took a snapshot of my recent purchase and posted it on Facebook for all of her family and friends to see. These are some of the comments we received.

 
 Of course our lovely mother had to chime in with some silly joke about carrots, but props to the guy who left the Blades of Glory Reference, we appreciated that one. 
                                     


Now back to plain old boring human hair products...The left photo shows my new hair mask from the brand eva-nyc. I have been on a mission to get my hair back to its former state of lusciousness and I was eager to try a hair mask. A hair mask is almost like a leave-in conditioner (it won't harden like a face mask) I put this in my hair after I used my regular shampoo and conditioner (the horse stuff) and then I leave this in while I finish off my shower. It has argon oil and smells heavenly. I used this once and it did soften my hair, it was a lot easier to brush through. My other eva-nyc product was actually free with the purchase of the hair mask at Ulta. I was going to just buy two hair masks but of course I am not coordinated enough to make it from the haircare aisle to the register without spilling or breaking something. After some awkward stares and a really nice saleswomen making me feel better about slewing hair mask all over the Urban Decay section, I decided to go with the hungry hair oil treatment. This smells good and I just dip my ends into the cute little bottle and almost instantly my ends felt softer. I got both eva-nyc products for $14.99 total. The two products in the right picture are our holy grail hair products. We both have loved the TRESemme' Thermal Creations heat protector for a few years. The smell is great, it seems to create another barrier between your hair and your heated hair tools. The Panteen Pro-V (blue bottle) is hair detangler that I go though so quickly. Me and Jessica both have natural difficult, easily tangled hair. Therefore, we need a product like this to make it a bit easier to run a brush through our hair. These two products were purchased at Walmart but are also available at target :)
An amazing Instagram page was nice enough to share our video with their followers. We will post all of our links below for you to go follow, subscribe, and say hi to us! If you liked what you read you can follow our blog and keep checking back for more posts :) We would really appreciate it if you would tell your friends, family, co-workers, anyone you know that is into fashion, fitness, and beauty about us to help us get the word out about our channel . You can also go check out our previous blog post! Let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas of what you would like to see next from us! You can go watch our two videos on YouTube by clicking these links:
 Instagram: @brynnlynnbeauty
 And since you made it to the end you get a sneak peak of our next video....
Yep
Yep, you guessed it. A health and fitness blog/video! We would love to share our tips and tricks for fitness/healthy eating with you. So stay tuned!
Thanks for reading :)
<3 Jessica Brynn and Katie Lynn



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML