Monday, October 28, 2013

Cold Weather Cures!




Hey guys it's Katie! Today was a particularly cold fall day in Michigan and it is beginning to feel like winter already. So to get you prepared for those cold winter nights we have come up with some cold weather cures for you! 



The girls above are wearing some of our favorite winter fashion essentials.
The girl on the left is wearing an adorable Aztec print sweater much like the
ones Jessica and I shared in our Huge Fall Haul! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
These are also great for fall if you live in slightly warmer states or parts
of the world. This look is very easy to recreate with a graphic tee and a
chunky necklace. The right picture is an adorable fall outfit. How does she
look so cute yet so comfy at the same time? Easy! She pairs a button down
denim shirt with jeans, knee high socks, and tall riding boots. By layering the
coat and scarf she is keeping warm and keeping up with this year's trends.
 
We love fuzzy socks! I myself am a sock hoarder. I have so many
unopened packages of socks because I convince myself to save 
them for important things. When would you ever need important 
socks? I don't know, but somehow I think that is a valid reason to
save my new socks and wear ones that are no longer brand new.
Ramble, ramble, ramble! So knee socks are cute and comfortable. 
You can wear them with skirts, pants, boots, or just with some shorts 
at home when you are headed to bed to watch movies for the night.
Riding boots are great to wear with tight jeans or even leggings. 
Bonus- they are so easy to wear because they don't hurt your feet!
We love boots that zip up the back (middle) and I actually own a 
black pair I wear all the time. Leg warmers are an old trend that
have come back into style. I have seen people wearing these with flats
and jeans but they are also perfect to fold over boots as well.



Want to be warm but still keep up with the trends? Solution-
WEAR LEATHER! Faux leather is affordable and is popping
up in more and more stores lately. 
^^ This is my leather jacket I got at marshals for $25. 
The material is very thick but not too
bulky so I can still layer it with hoodies. Also you gotta love scarves for
when its cold outside. Burrrr. Plus they can really finish off an outfit.



Who could pass up a cup of hot chocolate this cute? Little
marshmallow ghosties, yum! Hot coco is perfect for when
you want to cuddle up and watch a movie or if you are outside 
at a sporting event and want to stay warm! Jessica and I are
tailgating for the Michigan vs. Michigan State game this weekend!
So go subscribe to our YouTube channel (linked below) to make sure 
you see it!
@rougepurcourture (twitter) Love hot coco and the way
that cold weather lets you spend time with the people
you are about most around the holidays.

Candles are great for anytime of year but in the fall
and winter all of the really amazing scents come out.
Bath and Body Works will occasionally have a 2 for $22
deal which is a lot more affordable than $20 for one candle.
We also love Yankee candles but there is just something
about B&B works candles that makes them our favorite.
Candles go perfect with our next cold weather cure!


Books! No I am not suggesting that paper goes great with fire. I just mean
that I love to snuggle up on the couch, read a good book and drink warm tea
or hot chocolate. The book I am currently reading is called The Hiding Place
by David Bell. I have read another book by him called Cemetery Girl about a young
girl who develops Stockholm Syndrome and falls in love with her kidnapper.
I like the way Bell wrote the story so I decided to give this book a try. So far, it
is interesting! So instead of watching the Real Housewives every cold winter
night, put the remote down and pick up a good book :)

 
There is nothing we hate more than walking out
to our cars in the morning and seeing our windshields
covered in snow and ice. But one thing that makes
driving better are these scent portables from
Bath and Body Works. These are air fresheners for
your car that clip onto your overhead mirror. They
have cute seasonal ones like the pumpkin above.
I have two, an anchor and a ladybug :) I switch
them out every once in a while but I have my eye
on the Santa Claus one ;) To the right is my favorite
scent and the one I am currently using at the moment. 
It is farm stand apple and this also comes in candle form.
I'm telling you guys, its like going to an apple orchard
every time I get in my car. All of our sisters and mom
have one in their cars. I'll link my favorite scent here for you 


 
Want to find out how to do this awesome fishtail braid?!
Check out our new video! 


 Want to see Jessica's everyday foundation routine?
Check out our new video!

Make sure to check out our links below!

 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty
                                                                                   <3 Katie Lynn and Jessica Brynn
TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT IS JESSICA BRYNN'S BIRTHDAY! SO GO WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, OR YOUTUBE!

 Happy birthday sister!


<3 Jessica Brynn and Katie Lynn








Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML