Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Favorites!


                                                    
  
Finally, after a long week it is Friday! Since today is our favorite day of the week we decided it would only be fitting to share with you our FRIDAY FAVORITES! Being that it is fall we decided to base our favorites around things we love in the fall! Let's jump right into it with our favorite beauty products of the fall!
My two favorite thing that I have been using nonstop are my Ponds travel size Dark spot corrector. My face tends to get pretty dry so I just use this lotion under my eyes and on my nose when I feel like I need it. It smells amazing and it is very soft on your skin. I have particularly sensitive skin and and this doesn't leave me with irritated skin like most lotions do. Also, I am blessed with the lovely treat of chapped lips. In the winter, they get even worse. So I always carry an EOS lip balm in my bag and use it almost every hour and right before I go to sleep. This green one is called "Sweet Mint" and is a recent purchase of mine. I used "Summer Berry" before but I thought I would try a new flavor for fall. I really like this one! Jessica hordes these things like crazy and I'm sure she has every kind they have ever made. We <3 them! The swatches of lipstick you see above are the colors we wear in the fall. Lots of berry and red tones for fall. Jessica's Favorite is Ruby Woo by Mac and I am enjoying '09' from the Kate Moss collection by Rimmel London. Jessica loves her Naked and Naked 2 palettes for the fall. She uses them daily because they are very versatile. My favorite palette (middle) is by Sephora and it is their Primal Instincts palette. I have hit pan on almost all of the colors because this has been one of my favorites for almost a year. Anyone would agree that a little mascara can do a girl wonders. Jessica and I have tried hundreds of mascaras and right now we both have different opinions on what one is the best. Jessica is all about the L'0riel Telescopic Mascara because it extends your lashes without leaving those unwanted clumps behind. I love Maybelline's Falsies because it does the same, but I can also use this on my bottom lashes whereas Jessica uses her Tarte Mascara on hers.
Moving onto my favorite topic, hair! I love doing my hair, curling it, and finding ways to make it healthier. Jessica and I both recently got our hair done. I wanted to do something different because I had never done anything with my hair besides getting highlights here and there. So after going to a salon that charged me over $100 to do a few blonde highlights (I guess she didn't understand what Ombre' meant) I got my hair done the right way (bottom right) Jessica liked it so that same week she got it done to her hair as well. I personally love it and feel like it really changed up my look. It definitely changed Jessica's because she has never really done anything as drastic as this before. I actually just got mine redone last night and plan on keeping it this way for awhile. It kind of gives that grown out look but its in style so as long as you don't cut your hair it will always be there :)


  With Halloween coming up all I want right now is candy! Now, we don't go for the regular candy corn (it tastes like chalk!) We love caramel apple suckers! Who doesn't? They are delicious, taste like a caramel apple, have way less calories, and are way easier to eat. That being said I still love caramel apples and I have yet to have one this fall :( All things chewy- that is the way to go. Our siblings and cousins used to all go trick or treating, eat chili, and then pour all of our candy out on the living room floor and trade. The only thing I would ever fight for were flavored tootsie rolls. Why? Well, they are simply the best! They have MEGA bags of these at Meijer and I had to fight the urge to buy one because I knew they would be have been gone before I even made it back home. Airheads! These are my favorite candy all year round but now that they sell them by the bag, I love them even more! The grape and the blue raspberry are the best, FYI ;) Target has the best selection of affordable Halloween candy and decorations. They have a 5 for $5 sale of cute candy filled trinkets that are great for gift bag- I got the ones in the (bottom right) picture for my boyfriend for sweetest day. Now that I have jump started your candy craving, head out to the store to pick up some yummy treats- but only after you finish the blog :)


Mhhmm. Nothing better than warm drinks on a cold fall day. We love Tim Horton's Hot Apple Cider. We got them earlier this week after a long day of shopping :) For the coffee lovers we suggest you also try the French Vanilla Cappuccino because that one never gets old! Jessica also recommends Tazo Passion Tea for a colder alternative. For the alcohol drinkers out there we thought we would throw in some choices for you. Redd's Apple Ale tastes like Apple Cider just not as sweet. Looking for a sweeter option? Try Angry Orchard. Also, Wine... because who wouldn't go for a glass of wine on a Friday night? It's okay, you deserve it...
 Next, we would like to share our favorite music of the moment with you. Now don't be turned off because you see Miley Cryus' Wrecking Ball on our list, these songs are awesome! Don't believe 
us? Take a listen for yourself...

Passenger- Let Her Go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA
Passion Pit- Take a Walk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg
The Lumineers- Slow it Down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fY5WpHrONU
Group Love- Slow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKBWzBlZsI
Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1aF54DO60
Big Sean- Beware http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rQZ6IGhCM
Cassadee Pope- Wasting All These Tears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZOeTnvq4k
Miley Cryus- Wrecking Ball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8
Portugal the Man- Purple Yellow Red and Blue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZiaz6f9BI
Cinematic Sunrise- The Wordless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tGw4W67AN4
One Republic- Counting Stars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg
Taylor Swift- Red (song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlot0i3Zykw
      
Movie review time! These three movies are currently in theaters and all offer something different. Carrie is based on the book by Stephen King called "Carrie" and is actually a remake of the original film. I thought the movie had a good plot line and touched on the whole bullying aspect of High School.I found the situations the main character was placed in were very unrealistic and I'm not even talking about her magical powers. Carrie's mother (played by Julianne Moore) was the most realistic thing about the movie. Her acting in this movie was impeccable and just reinforced why she is one of my favorite actresses. Next, Captain Phillips! This movie is based on a true story and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire movie. Although, if you know what happened in real life then you know what is coming next- that wasn't much fun. Still, I recommend this movie to those who love movies with a little action. Finally, Runner Runner. Ahhhh, Justin Timberlake. As if he wasn't enough hotness for one movie.....Ben Affleck. This movie is about a college student playing online poker to pay his way through college. When he loses all of his savings due to cheating on a gaming website,  he flies to Costa Rica to alert the owner (Affleck) of the issue. From there things just get crazy! A short movie, but a good one. These three movies get the BrynnLynn stamp of approval :)
    
 
I won't go on and on about these movies but here are some more of our favorites. Insidious 2 may still be in theaters and is a must see for horror movie fans. Such a good plot line which resolved a lot of issues from the first movie. Jessica loves the collector which she took me to see years ago at the theater. Scary and great for a scary movie night. Now if you aren't a big horror fan, would never set foot in a haunted house (like my boyfriend) or cringe when you hear the word blood, we have some choices for you. Hocus Pocus is a great family movies and one of the best for Halloween. You can catch it on T.V.  almost every night this time of year. Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, and Halloweentown High! I love all three of these. Not a big fan of the fourth one staring Sarah Paxton. Okay, I think you guys are all ready for a Friday movie night!
 We will post all of our links below for you to go follow, subscribe, and say hi to us! If you liked what you read you can follow our blog and keep checking back for more posts :) We would really appreciate it if you would tell your friends, family, co-workers, anyone you know that is into fashion, fitness, and beauty about us to help us get the word out about our channel . You can also go check out our previous blog post! Let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas of what you would like to see next from us! You can go watch our two videos on YouTube by clicking these links:
Twitter!!! -------> https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
Previous Blog (Fall Fashion) ------>  http://brynnlynnbeauty1.blogspot.com/
 Instagram: @brynnlynnbeauty
 And since you made it to the end you get a sneak peak of our next video....
Yep
Yep, you guessed it. A health and fitness blog/video! We would love to share our tips and tricks for fitness/healthy eating with you. So stay tuned!

 Jessica is going to show you how to become an awesome sugar skull for Halloween!!!



Thanks for reading :)
<3 Jessica Brynn and Katie Lynn



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML