Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fitness Favorites!

Hey Guys! It's Katie! This is a blog all about our fitness favorites! 


It is no wonder with Americans having such a high obesity rate that people are becoming increasing concerned with their weight. I love fitness and eating healthy now but it wasn't always as easy for me. I found myself becoming lazy with my workout schedule and drooling over every doughnut I saw. Thankfully, since starting college two years ago I have gotten more serious about my health and the food I put into my body. I haven't had red meat in almost eight years, mostly because I never liked the taste or texture of it. Therefore, I only eat chicken, turkey, and fish. My parents helped make my transition away from red meats easier by using ground turkey instead of ground beef and cooking chicken instead of steak. As a result my family consumes a lot less red meat. Below are pictures of the typical food that I eat in a day.....
So here are some of my usual breakfast choices (on my lovely niece's plates). I love to eat plain egg whites (left) with cherry tomatoes when I just want a light breakfast. Also pictured are some yummy turkey sausages that are 110 calories for 1 serving (two sausage links) and half of an orange. Or if I want to add a little more flavor (middle) I add things like kale, spinach, tomato, or any other veggies I am craving. I paired that meal with some kiwi and water. Which reminds me- ALWAYS HAVE A GLASS OF WATER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING :)My absolute favorite (right) breakfast is oatmeal! I loveeeee oatmeal! I use raw oats, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1 TBSP peanut butter (you can always you PB 2), and either an apple or banana. I love this breakfast and its so quick and easy!
     
 
Now for Lunch! The first meal (left) is an example of something I will eat when I don't have a lot of options or I'm not at home. One half of a six inch sub from subway and chicken noodle soup. The sub is turkey but I usually get a veggie sub! One of my favorite vegetables (or is it a fruit?) is tomato! That is why the meal in the middle is one of my favorite go-to simple meals. Tomato slices with mozzarella cheese, a tuna salad with spinach and extra pickles! Yum, I love pickles. Wanna know something weird about me? I love pickles on my pizza. I know, it sounds like a pregnant craving but I'm telling you is the best. The last lunch option I have for you is eggs! Because you know, eggs aren't just for breakfast anymore guys! Just make sure you don't have them for breakfast and lunch everyday or your cholesterol levels will be through the roof. I love avacado (Jessica hates it!) so I could pretty much put it on anything. So here I put it over my eggs and tomatos and had some apples, peanut butter, and grapes on the side,  

 Here are some yummy dinner options for you! So (on the left) there is my delicious homemade chili sitting on top of my "Torture Tuesday" workout I made for me and my sister to do a few weeks back. (muahahaha Shanon) But the chili is just diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, and any other kind of beans you like! Then of course I have ground turkey in it instead of beef. The (middle) meal with the pineapple chicken, and broccoli was actually made by my boyfriend. This is a really simple light meal that will fill you up for hours. The last option I have for you (right) are my avocado pizzas which are English muffins (100 cals per serving) topped with feta cheese, tomato, and mustard. The mustard may throw you off a little but it just makes it taste like more of a sandwich than a pizza so leave it off if you aren't mustard obsessed like me.



 These last food options for you are my typical snacks. The first one may look familiar from my lunch options section but this is just a bigger serving of tomato and mozzarella cheese but with a little twist, spinach leaves and garlic salt :) In the middle I have some carrots which I dip in hummus. I would actually steer you away from using Tribe's hummus because they have a lot of Monsanto products, that is why I stopped eating it. Also, an orange. This a snack I would typically eat before I workout to give me fuel to be able to work out most productively. The last food choice I have for you are Quest products! You guys, go to GNC and buy these now! I love them! These are not packed with sugar and have anywhere from 15 to 20 grams of protein per bar. That is my collection of Quest-bars or should I say was, I have eaten most of those by now. I give you more of a detailed explanation of how I prepare these and eat them in our Fitness favorites video which you can check out here.....


Man, that is a looooooong link!

Here is my cabbage soup recipe that I promised!
Two boxes of vegetable broth (more or less depending on how much you wanna make)
A head of cabbage
Spinach (as much or as little as you want)
Stewed tomatoes (two to three cans) 
Carrots
Celary
Garlic salf
Basil
Remember that cabbage takes a while to cook so add water or more broth to account for the loss you will have from the boil.


 
These are the typical things I will drink in a day. I love water! I drink it all day long and get way more than 8 cups a day usually. The middle picture is one of my Kale smoothies that are so delish (recipe our FF video)! The tea you see above (right) is from the brand Yogi and I absolutely love this and recommend this to you! I never liked the taste of Green Tea before I tried this one but this tastes soooo good! I add some lemon for taste but they also have many health benefits! 




 So now moving onto what I think is the best part about getting healthy- working out! My typical workouts are usually 30 minutes to 2 hours long depending what kind of mood I'm in (or what kind of mood my workout partner is in) ;) I have a gym membership at Planet Fitness because it has a relatively cheap program. $20 a month and you get to bring a friend once a day! I really recommend getting a membership at any gym just so you have a place you can go to. I don't enjoy working out at home that much. I have an elliptical and a treadmill in my bedroom but I don't really use them that often. If I do workout at home I will use a workout DVD (middle) because they are quick and are high intensity. The one above is one of my favorites but you can use any you feel comfortable with like Insanity, P90X, or even dance cardio DVDs. (Right) Me and my oldest sister like to run the bleachers at the local High School on our "Leg Days" well, I wouldn't exactly say we like to- but we do it. We usually separate our workouts into sections like Ab Day, Arm Day, Leg Day, Cardio Day, and Random "do whatever you feel like" day. This really helps us keep on track and target every muscle group.

 One fitness goal that I had was to run a 5k. Shanon and I have ran in multiple 5Ks over the years but this year we ran a 4 mile run. This was the longest race we have ever done. The whole time I was running I was thinking 'just please let me get to the end of this and I swear I will never sign up for one of these again!' But when I finished the race in under 35 minutes and received first place in my age category that made it all worth it. So out of the two races we have ran this year, I have placed in both of them (third in another one) and my sister got third too! The middle picture shows an interval training routine I do on the treadmill. It is very high intensity and makes you sweat like no other! But man does it feel good once you finish!




I can tell you you need to work out until your ears bleed but you will never get to the gym unless you have motivation. You need it to remind yourself why you want to stay fit, get healthy, or lose weight. We did a Q and A on twitter/instagram to see what some of the things our viewers use as motivation to stay fit! Here are some of the responses!

"Look at internet and Instagram accounts for motivation"

 She also suggested making cute little jars like the ones above to help track your progress.
  - follow her on IG @finnalyfit_xo
"Talk to other people who are into fitness and share ideas and recipes!"
- follow her account on IG @realprogressgirls
"Nothing is better motivation than hard abs and a body everybody wants!"
 Follow her on twitter- @rougepurcourture 




I love music as a motivation tool! Here are my two workout playlists I made and use! I personally like to write down my goals and take progress pictures so I can look at them whenever I feel unmotivated!
 I shared a lot more of my motivation secrets in our Fitness 
Favorites video which will be linked below!


 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty





Since you made it to the end here is a sneak peak at our next video! 

Thanks for reading! <3 Katie Lynn and Jessica Brynn

 




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML