Sunday, November 17, 2013

20 Makeup Products We Can't Live Without!


Today our blog is centered around the tag going around YouTube that is "If All My Makeup Disappeared, Then 10 Things I Would Repurchase Would Be...." We thought it would be even more helpful to do a blog on these products with interactive links that you can check this products out for yourselves! Click the play button on the video to view our blog introduction! :)


Katie's 10 Products<3                                                                  Jessica's 10 Products<3


We both those 10 products each to share with you. Like we said in our intro video, we put a lot of thought into this and picked only things we use in our everyday makeup routine! So Lets get started with my (Katie) 10 favorite products!!


These first two products are essential to any makeup routine. The first is Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Primer. This is the primer I used before I apply any foundation or concealer. As the packaging reads, it smoothes skin and minimizes pores. This is slightly tinted so I can get away with using this instead of my regular BB cream. The e.l.f Makeup Mist & Set might look familiar to you if you follow our YouTube videos. This one was featured in our recent Drug Store Beauty Haul. To watch that click here --------------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWZeetr64Q&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
This is the last step of my makeup routine. I spray this on my face after all of my makeup is applied to ensure that it will keep my makeup in place all day and night. This is about $3 which is great in comparison to some higher end brands that don't sell setting sprays for less than $12 for bottles way smaller than this one.
Want to check out these products for yourself? Click the links below!
Primer- Click here!
Setting Spray- Click here!
Now these our my two FAVORITE have to have products. I need a lot of coverage from my foundation and concealer because I have blemishes and a lot of dark spots from acne scarring. L'Oreal's True Match LUMI foundation in light/medium is the first foundation that I have found that provides coverage without leaving the cake-y residue behind. This one has SPF and feels more like a BB cream than a foundation but has such awesome coverage. I recommend this foundation to anyone that needs a significant amount of coverage. The fourth product I chose is the e.l.f Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter. Now this is kind of a cheat because it is technically two products in one. But that is why I picked it! I tend to get very dark circles under my eyes when I don't get a lot of sleep. I can use this concealer for my under eyes and for extra coverage for blemishes. The highlight is great to give you that great AWAKE look. Maybe then we can avoid hearing "You look so tired." Why haven't people realized that that is insulting yet? Anyways this one was $1 and lasts awhile. If you are looking for a higher end concealer I would go for the MAC concealers even though they are about $20 more dollars, don't come with a highlighter, and are about one-third of the size. Your choice!
Foundation- Click here!
Concealer- Click here!

My fifth pick is the CG Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation. I am in the shade light/medium. This is actually the first foundation I really ever used. I discovered this in like eighth grade. I just recently rekindled my love for it when I happened to purchase it at a drugstore. I love keeping this one in my purse for just quick touch ups. This one is great because it comes in a small compact with a small application sponge. This one is a foundation but I apply this one as a concealer. I seldom apply this to my whole face. Buying this for quick touch-ups is a great idea, you won't be disappointed!
Compact Foundation- Click here!

Now my sixth choice I have raved about over and over again in the past. This is my Sephora Primal Instincts palette. I got this a little over a year ago and have used it pretty much everyday since. I'm sure you can tell how well-loved this is by how many colors I have hit pan on. My favorite shade is the one that is the most used. It is Sable Sand. The other ones I have used a lot are Universal Beige, Gold, Apricot, Tea Rose, and Camel. The two darkest colors on the end (Must Have and Matte Brown) are my go-to colors for my eyeliner and eyebrows. This palette was only $28 and so worth it! They recently came out with a second palette with lighter colors and I can't wait to purchase that one!
Primal Instincts Palette- Click here!

Number seven is the Revlon Photo Ready Powder. Again, I am in the share Light/Medium. I love this powder because it feels like a lot of coverage without leaving you with a "dusty" looking face. I love the color of this. This one cost me around $12 but I am so glad I purchased this one because I use this one to set my foundation and concealer.


If you want a cheaper alternative stick around and check out Jessica's favorite pressed powder.



Revlon Powder-



So... pick number eight is another cheat. Sorry, but I love this one two much to leave it out! This is the Sonia Kashuk Duo. This is a blush and a contour bronzer all in one! The bronzer is so pretty and doesn't leave you looking like an Oompa Loompa. I never thought I could love a blush more than my Flirt- Crazy in Love. But I have had a change of heart. This is such a pretty color that leaves a very natural blush on your face. 



My final two products are the two things no girl should go without. Mascara and a lip color. My holy grail mascara is Maybelline's Falsies. I love this drugstore mascara because it makes your lashes so long and voluminous for such a cheap price! This mascara has a slightly curved wand which leaves you without clumps or spider-like lashes. I LOVE this mascara and I know if you try it, you will too. My last choice is the Nude Lipstick by Rimmel London. I am not a big color girl when it comes to my lips. I don't think I can really pull off a bold red lip. So a nude is the best choice for me. I had been searching for the right shade of nude lipstick and last month I finally found it. This lipstick has actually won me over, and that's no small feat. 
Mascara- Click here!
Lip Stick- Click here!

Now let's move on two Jessica's ten products!
The first two products Jessica chose were the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation primer and Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser. The primer she used before she puts on her foundation. I actually have this product as well in a smaller size and I just use it to prime my eyes before I apply eyeshadow. This is great for both uses. The Dark Spot corrector is one of her favorites and she uses it under her eyes. to see how she applies this you can check out our Pin Up Inspired Makeup Tutorial- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-yvu-bJd8&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
I just recently hauled this myself in our Drugstore Beauty haul I mentioned earlier. I used it yesterday and could really tell a difference in the dark spots on my face! I think this is going to become a new staple in my own makeup routine. 
Primer- Click here!
Dark Spot Eraser- Click here!
Number three is her foundation. She uses Neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup. She is in the shade Nude 40. This one also has SPF and is very affordable. This one gives great coverage and a very pretty color. This one is easy to blend and seems to not clog her pores. If you want to try out this foundation it will be worth it because it won't break your bank!
Foundation- Click here!


I very much agree with her fourth choice! This is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This is raved about all over YouTube and some of the top Beauty Guru's including Tayna Burr, love this powder. This one was purchased at Target for around 5 dollars. Jessica loves that it is a very light powder but is very nice to put over her foundation and concealer. I love to keep this one in my purse for quick touch-ups.
Stay Matte Power- Click here!


OoOoOo palette! For pick number five Jessica chose her NAKED palette by Urban Decay. She has used this almost everyday for a year without ever hitting pan on a shadow. These shadows are so pigmented that you really only need a little on your brush! These are great neutral colors. This palette is slightly pricey- about $60. She also loves the NAKED two palette but decided to only include one because we had the hard task of choosing ten each. But we will leave you the links to both!
Naked 1- Click here!
Naked 2-  Click here!

Jessica's sixth must-have product is her Hard Candy Blush! This one is called Living Doll. This is such a pretty natural color. Hard Candy has great inexpensive products that can be purchased at Walmart!




See Jessica use this blush in our Everyday Makeup Tutorial! 





Hard Candy Blush- Click here!







Now number seven is one I am so jealous of. I love this product! When Jessica does my makeup this is my favorite part. This is the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. This leaves such a pretty glow on the skin. You can instantly see a change when this is applied to your face. Now this item is something Jessica splurged on. It was about $28 but she says that it is like she hasn't even made a dent in it because you don't need very much!           Soft and Gentle- Click here!

 Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner is pick number eight. This is a wind up crayon eyeliner. I used this once when I ran out of my own and it has such a BLACK color. I have seen Jessica swatch this one and it is the darkest black eyeliner I have ever seen. She uses this in her waterline and recommends it for anyone that likes a dramatic eye look.  

Eye Liner- Click here!




For her ninth pick Jessica chose L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara! She loves this one because of it's skinny wand that makes it easier to use on her bottom lashes. This is another drugstore product that is inexpensive and does a great job of creating long lashes. Mascara- Click here!




Jessica chose Ruby Woo by Mac for her last product. She loves a bold red lip and had been wanting this after hearing so many good things about it. So she decided to pick it up and is so glad she did. She loves wearing red lip stick in the fall and winter and this year Ruby Woo is her go to! While this is a bit pricey (as most MAC products are) she insists that it is worth the money spent!

To check out this and several other Mac Lip Colors- Click here!

 P.S. We apologize for the (I'm sure) many typos. It is storming here in Michigan and the power keeps turning on and off. Just wanted to get this up for you guys before it goes out again!
Make sure you head over to our YouTube channel and stay tuned this week for our GIVEAWAY announcement. There will be three winners so make sure you enter!!! Also we would LOVE to know your favorite makeup, so you can tweet us @BRYNNLYNNBEAUTY and we will look at all of your responses!!!

 To hear more about our tattoos and piercings check out our new video!
You also get to meet some adorable kitties and Jessica's boyfriend!
 Watch this Beauty Haul on our YouTube Channel by Clicking here!
 
 Don't forget to check out our other recent video! We filmed the "Sister Tag"! We answer questions about ourselves and each other and let you know a little bit more about ourselves!!!

Make sure to check out our links below!

 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
     Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty
x0x0 Katie Lynn and Jessica Brynn









Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML