Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Witnessed a Proposal! And I got a Video!

This is Scott and Brittney. I met them last night when I went to the Filmore in Detroit, Michigan to see my favorite band
City and Colour perform. I have witnessed four proposals in my life and they have all been during Dallas Green's "The Girl." This is one of their sweetest songs so it is no wonder that so many decide to pop the question while it is being played live. This proposal actually has an interesting back story though. Before the first band "The Sleepy Suns" came out on stage Brittney had been frantically looking all around the floor and emptying her pockets to find her boyfriend Scott's credit card which she had misplaced. Everyone around us began to help look for the card and offer suggestions on what she should do. Finally, a group of us convinced Scott to cancel his credit card in case someone had found it. When he left the main floor to go call the credit card company I heard Brittney say to her friend "I lost his card and I think he is going to propose! I felt a ring box in his pocket when I was looking for his card!" Immediately, me and my friends got really excited because we had just been talking about the many proposals that go on during Dallas Green's shows. Now one was going to happen RIGHT in front of us. Soon after, Scott returned to say that he couldn't cancel the card because he didn't have cell service in the theater. Then I heard him disappointingly tell one of Brittney's friends "She knows. The ring box was in my pocket and she felt my pocket when she was looking for the card!" Finally, City and Colour began to play their set. Between every song I kept anticipating the start of "The Girl". Scott was biting his nails throughout the entire concert, but I think I was more nervous than he was! I wanted to get a video of it so they could have it as a memory of such an important night. I wanted to be ready with my camera in hand. Dallas left the stage and after fans screaming "Encore. Encore!" he came back to perform three more songs. The first being "The Girl." I watched as Scott got down on one knee and asked Brittney to be his wife. She bawled her eyes out and so did several of the people surrounding them. Dallas green even asked them for their names and stopped the concert to congratulate them. After the song was over and everything settled down, I asked the couple if they would like me to send them the video I took of the proposal. They were so excited and appreciative of the gesture. I sent them the video and watched how happy they were for the rest of the concert. Oh and one more thing! Her ring was huge! So beautiful :) I felt so lucky to share such an awesome experience with complete and total strangers! (haha) If you would like to see this proposal it is up on our YouTube channel.
Just click this link!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVrWoqOkEwc&feature=youtu.be


"The Girl"

I wish I could do better by you,
'cause that's what you deserve
You sacrifice so much of your life
In order for this to work.

While I'm off chasing my own dreams
Sailing around the world
Please know that I'm yours to keep
My beautiful girl

When you cry a piece of my heart dies
Knowing that I may have been the cause
If you were to leave
Fulfill someone else's dreams
I think I might totally be lost
You don't ask for no diamond rings no delicate string of pearls
That's why I wrote this song to sing
My beautiful girl

This is me and my boyfriend at the concert! :)







Want to see how I got these three simple and cute hair styles!?
Check out our new video!


Check out our new video!
 Top 10 Fitness Tips!

Make sure to check out our links below!

 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty
 




x0x0 Katie Lynn and Jessica Brynn




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML