Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Friend Zone!




 Childhood Friends 

These are the friends we grow up with. These are the people that saw us in those ever so awkward years between 5th and 9th grade and still stick with us. Keeping in touch with these friends can be tricky when everyone heads their separate ways for college or university. But the great thing is we have known these people since (nearly) infancy so they hold a special place in our hearts. This means they are considered family in the way that even though we may not see them as often as you would like when we do it is like nothing has changed and you can pick up right where you left off. Speaking of family, sisters and brothers make great friends as well. You know everything there is to know about each other and you share some DNA. Need a kidney? Chances are you can probably get it from them….


School Friends

Well, obviously these are the friends we meet at school. In grade school, most of the friends we make are our age or at least around it. But with more and more middle-aged women and men going back to school it is much more likely that you could be sitting in a classroom with people closer to your parent’s age than yours. Don’t be intimated or just right them off because they are older or younger than you. Some of the greatest people I have met in college are twice my age. These women are funny, smart, and wiser than I could ever be. They have had hardships in their lives that caused them to have to return to school. Like divorce, loss of their spouse or unemployment due to the declining job market in Michigan. So my point is make friends with these people! They are the ones more likely to help you and give you advice. They are also less likely to try to copy your homework are much more likely to share theirs with you(:


Work Friends

Working a 9 to 5 is probably the last thing anyone wants to have on the top of their to-do list. I work 6 to 5 so it would probably be on mine. I like my sleep. Anyways, making friends at work is crucial if you want to maintain your sanity will schlepping popcorn to unfriendly customers. My first real job was at a local movie theater. It was a relatively easy job, just exhausting. Occasionally, there would be those customers that made my skin crawl. This one in particular asked me if I was brain-dead because I asked him to repeat one item of his fourteen ordered because he shot them off a mile a minute and it was hard to keep up. I had worked a double that day and only had a few hours left. I started crying, crying! If I could go back to that moment I would have told him to fuck off and choke on his $10 popcorn. Well, realistically I wouldn’t have because I would have lost my job. But thank God for the people I worked with that day that could see the sadness on my face and did everything they could to cheer me up. Sometimes you even spend important days with these people. I once spent Christmas at the theater, and it was actually fun even being one of the busiest days of the year. Unfortunately, not everyone you work with is going to like you and I’m sure you will come across those you don’t see eye to eye. Just remember you don’t have to hang out with them outside of work and keep things professional. Don’t get into fights with coworkers, especially when you enter your career job not just your part-time job at White-Castle. P.S. Don’t have office romances either, but that is a whole other topic…


Best Friends

These are the friends with the amazing super power to make you forgive them for anything and everything. I know no matter what my best friend does to upset me or piss me off (which she doesn’t often) we will still always be friends. Friends like this can be made anywhere and are a combination of all the ones previously mentioned. Those friendships grow into something special enough to where you consider this person your “BEST” friend. A lot of people just throw around the title to any drunken girl they Instagram a picture with. I am guilty of considering a lot of girls my “best friends” in the past. Lately, I have come to realize someone who only talks to you when it is convenient for them is not worthy of that label. My best friends are three girls I have known my entire life. Who I know will always be there for me whenever I need them, no matter what time of night. These girls are my sisters. Then of course I have three friends who are THE BEST that I met in middle school and they have stuck with me through the years (: Finally, my boyfriend is my best friend. I can tell him anything and know that he won’t judge me for it. Friends that care about you and love you unconditionally- those are the types of friends you want in your life.

Friendzoned

Ahhh, the dreaded friend zone. This is the type of friendship that is one-sided. You or your friend feel something more for the other but are too afraid to say something out of fear of losing the friendship for good. Maybe one of you has said something and now it is awkward. Maybe the other person didn’t feel the same way. Maybe, just maybe, they felt the same way and now the friendship has turned into a relationship. Whatever the result may be, the best option is to just go for it! You never know what may happen and if it is meant to be then it will be.



Signs You Might Be In the Friendzone

You guys go to matinée movies together and never go out alone at night.
Nothing physical. You don’t hold hands, you definitely don’t kiss.
He calls you bud or buddy and not in a cute way.
He is always texting other girls and talking to you about it.
He asks you for relationship or dating advice.
He says you are “just one of the guys.”
You ask him for a favor and he doesn’t come through. If a guy really like you he would do anything to get your attention.
Here are a few for the boys!
If she calls you up and invites you to “girl’s night” Bring the icecream and a copy of the notebook because you are in the friendzone.
She is always complaining to you about her asshole boyfriend and never giving any sort of hit hit that she may be into you.
She is always trying to get you to date her friends, or trying to get you to find a girlfriend.




Want to see our top ten fitness tips!?

Check out our new video!

Make sure to check out our links below!

 Check out our Youtube Channel! Subscribe!--------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ?feature=c4-feed-u
Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty
 






Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML