Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Healthy Recipes! (Chipotle Guacamole & Apple Granola Salad)

Hey ladies and gents! I know a lot of people promised themselves that they would get healthier and fitter in 2014. I was one of those people. However, eating healthy can become a chore when we don't add variety into our diets. I thought I would share with you two of my healthy snacks! The first being the Chipotle inspired Guacamole. I have always loved guacamole but this recipe is too die for. It is so delicious and when made right, even tastes better than the Gauc at Chipotle! I actually got this recipe from my boyfriend who used to work there. Also an amazing Salad! Let's get started!

Ingredients
2 Avocados
1/2 Jalapeño pepper
1/4 Red Onion (optional)
2 Tablespoons of Cilantro
1/4 of a Lime
1/4 Teaspoon salt


1. Cut the two avocado vertically along the longer side. Then using a spoon, scoop out both pits. Then use the spoons to scoop out the avocado. Add to mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash it together until it becomes smooth. 
2. Take a small Jalapeño pepper and cut it in half. (Picture above: top right). Then mince the pepper until they are in tiny pieces.
3. (Optional) Finely chop up the red onion. I personally do not add the onion to my recipe because I simply do not like the taste of them. However, chipotle does add them.
4. Finally chop the two heaping tablespoons of Cilantro. 
5. Use your hand to press down on the lime and roll it along the table. This will help the juice flow better when squeezed. Cut the lime in half.
6. Mix all of the ingredients into your mixing bowl and add lime and salt to taste.
This guacamole is amazing. You can dip pretzels, chips, pita, etc.  Great for serving at parties! Delicious <3


 Apple Granola Salad!

Where I live in Michigan there is a Restaurant called Black Rock. They only have two locations but they are wildly popular. The restuarant is actually owned by my friend's family. The concept of the restaurant is that you cook your own steak on a hot stone. As most of you know, I don't eat red meat so going to the resturant to cook a steak is not on the top of my to do list. But they do have the most AMAZING salad. It has granola in it and to me that was interesting. Cereal salad? Hmmm. But it tasted SO good. So much so that I tolerate raw meat being on my friend's plates so I can eat this salad. Unfortunately,  I don't get to go out as often as I would like so I wanted to recreate this amazing salad.  Here is my recipe! :)



Ingredients
1/2 Cup of your favorite Granola 
(I like KIND's Blueberry)
2 cups of Salad
1 Apple
1 tsp of Honey Mustard dressing

This is super easy to make! You just mix your salad, granola, and dressing into your bowl. Cut up your apple into small pieces, add them to you salad, and BAM. You have a salad you won't be able to get enough of! <3

Let us know if you try out these recipes!!! <3

VIDEOS COMING SOON!
DIY VALENTINE! (Outfits, Treats, Gifts +)
Mac Rebel Lipstick Dupes!

NEW VIDEO ALERT!

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping with our sisters!!!



A Haul and THE SHIT STORM
A nannying nightmare! </3


If you would like to check out our YouTube channel and subscribe we would really appreciate it! 
Here are our most recent blogs ---->

USE OUR LINKS TO THE RIGHT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US!

Remember to #getfitwithbrynnlynnbeauty on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for any fitness/health related posts!

THANKS FOR READING <3

x0x0 BrynnLynnBeauty














Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML