Friday, December 20, 2013

BLOGMAS #5- 20 Reasons People Hate Christmas!

I'm betting some of you clicked on this blog post because you yourself hate the holidays, you know someone who does, or you were just appalled by the fact that anyone could hate Christmas. I can understand and agree with all three but to the person who can't believe that there are Christmas "haters" out there, I have just one question. Have you been living under a Jesus shaped rock stringing popcorn for the past few years? Have you not even seen the Grinch?! Well if you are such a big Christmas connoisseur then I am sure you have but for those of you who don't know I'll give you a little synopsis of the film. Basically, the Grinch has a horrible childhood experience during the holiday season, begins to spend his days alone hating everyone and Christmas until Little Cindy Lou Who reunites him with the "Who's" and helps rekindle his love for Christmas. It is one of my favorite holiday movies and last night when watching it, I began to think about how so many people just hate the holidays and can't wait for them to be over. But why? What is the real reason there are so many Scrooges? So take from it what you may but I have compiled a list of 20 reasons why people dread this time of year.
 
 Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas
In recent years the media and pretty much everyone and their mother has been questioning if saying "Merry Christmas" as a general term is offensive and "not politically correct." I have seen some heated Facebook fights where people are having it out in the comments section because someone believed strongly in either side of the argument. I'm here to offer a solution- PIPE THE FUCK DOWN PEOPLE. Who cares? Chances are if someone is saying "Merry Christmas!' they are saying it to be nice and celebrate what is supposed to be a joyous time. So what is the difference between Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays really? Merry Christmas has just become a generalized term because most Americans celebrate Christmas. I remember I was working on Christmas at a local movie theater when I was sixteen. I couldn't get the day off because I was one of the newest employees there. I wasn't mad about it though. Overtime pay and popcorn all day, who could be mad? I sold some of that delicious popcorn to a customer and then sent her off with a big smile and a "Merry Christmas!" She turned around and gave me the dirtiest look I have ever seen and said "I'm Jewish!" It is not as if I could have known that just from her choice in Slurpee flavor? So why did this lady lash out at me? Then I would get it from people when I would say "Happy Holidays!" "Don't you know it is Christmas?" Meanwhile, I was working with a friend who happened to be Jewish. I told her about the incident and she laughed. She said she couldn't understand how people could be so rude, that there is no difference to her between the two. "I'm sure if people knew I was Jewish they would say Happy Hanukkah." Choosing now to say "Happy Holidays" doesn't make you 'ignorant of other's religious beliefs'. So next time you are at a drive through and you think it is a good idea to scold the server because they handed you off your French fries with a "Merry Christmas!" Remember to pipe the fuck down and tip them because they probably hate the holidays too.


You're Jewish
Not much to say here. Happy Hanukkah!







                        Coming Home for the Holidays

Now whether you are a college student or just a smart person who moved away from your family, most likely you will have to come home for the holidays. Part of the reason why people dread seeing family is because of the rise in blood pressure they experience every time they arrive in their hometown. Not only do you have to deal with crazy aunts who smell like lilacs and gouda or the disappointed faces of your parents as they catch a glimpse of that tattoo you decided to get with the girls in your dorm hall- you actually have to act like you are happy to be there. My advice to you is to do exactly that, grin and bare it. There are a lot of (crazy) people that would love to see their family during the holidays that can't. So just be thankful to see them and keep reminding yourself it is just a few days and then you can go back to "playing phone tag" with your Uncle Erv and pretending your Skype connection is too poor to have virtual dinner with the fam.  
 

Everyone is Stressed
 
For some this time of year can be wonderful and full of sugar plum fairies and gingerbread cookies. But if you are a normal person then you are probably stressed out this time of year. Now there are a lot of things to be stressed out about throughout the entire year but the holidays just amplify that stress tenfold. It is really a downward spiral of stress you step into once you unbutton your pants from Thanksgiving dinner. Here is how it goes...
 
 
How am I going to think of gift ideas for all of these people?--->
How am I going to pay for presents for all of these people?--->
 How am I going to stand being around these people?--->
Are they going to get me something?--->
Should I get them something really nice so that my present is automatically better so I don't have to feel bad about getting them a shitty gift in comparison to what they got me?--->
Well the presents are bought, how am I going to pay my bills?--->
I can't drive in the snow!--->
                                                    Where's the pie?! --->
                                                    And lots of Champaign! --->
                           Ask anyone, that is exactly how it happens.
    
Regretting the Past Year

As it nears it's end most of us begin to reflect on the past year. What did we accomplish and more importantly- what didn't we? We begin to make our list of new years resolutions and try to put a lot of thought into them. For some of us they are goals like getting a promotion or exercise at least three times a week. For others they are things like break up with my asshole boyfriend or stop stealing from my roommates. No judgment. Well alright that last person, I'm judging a little. No matter, just know that what you write down on your list probably isn't going to happen. Approximately 89% of all new years resolutions go unfulfilled. How do I know that? I don't. I just made it up but it is probably giving people way too much credit anyways. I only accomplished one of my resolutions this year. But don't applaud me just yet, I still have a few weeks to mess that one up as well. My suggestion is for you to write realistic goals. One of my outrageous ones this year was to stop going out to eat. That is utterly ridiculous, I love food. I did cut back though and looking back that should have been my goal. So remember, don't worry about the resolutions you didn't get to this year, you always have December 2014 to regret not accomplishing them again. 
 
Meeting the Family
 
Meeting your boyfriend/girlfriend's family is awkward anytime of year. Add a bow and some reindeer wrapping and you have got yourself a present more uncomfortable than Lonely Island's Dick in a Box. I feel bad for people who have to meet their significant other's parents during the holidays. That isn't just meeting their parents but also their siblings, grandparents, aunts, etc.. Thankfully, Jessica and I have already met our boyfriend's families. It would be so awkward to have to meet everyone on Christmas when everyone is exchanging gifts and you're just sitting there like an intruder. Awkward. But don't fret. At least you are in a relationship with this person and you aren't just going home with a stranger you met at Walgreen's to avoid being alone for the holidays. And if you are, then I hope you at least googled his last name. I mean, if he even gave you one... My advice, skip the trip and hang out with your cat. It won't judge you for slamming back three cartons of eggnog while you watch nine hours of the Christmas Story marathon.
 
Packed Post Offices
 
I just had to include this. It is my biggest pet peeve during this time of year. I had to go to the post office to ship out the three prizes for our giveaway winners and the line was all the way out the door. The post office has the worst hours. Don't they know that people work? I feel even worse for the workers there. This summer I made about three trips to the post office a week. I dealt with the same guy every time and he was always so nice and helpful. When I went back the other day he was high-strung and unfriendly. Well, I can see why! Who wants to ship Christmas packages all day long with no down time? Not me! Poor guy. If you work at a post office, bless your heart. Avoid this problem and just mail a gift card. So much easier than shipping paintings *cough* guy in front of me in line *cough*
 
Awkward Family Photos
 
Somehow I keep coming back to family. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but we are not the most photogenic. We have the worse family pictures. It might just be because there is so many of us or because my mom made us dress in the worst outfits. These pictures have been haunting my baby book for years. That is why I understand and sympathize with people who hate family portraits. I mean there is a whole book dedicated to awkward family photos. Don't even get me started on trying to take pictures of toddlers. Actually, too late. Story time! Last year me and my sister Amy took my nieces to get Christmas pictures taken together. Amelia was two years old and Reagan was about 7 months. To get them to sit still was impossible. "Okay, sit down in the chair. No, don't rip that book. Smile! Sit still for a second. Give your cousin a hug. Don't break baby Jesus! Look over here. Look at mommy! Look at who I have! It's Elmo! Awh. That'll do." If we a get a Christmas card through the mail and the kids are perfectly placed with smiles on their faces, I have no choice but to assume that you are a Wiccan. You used your magical powers to make them sit still and I commend you for that. Way to use your powers for good instead of evil. But that leads me to another question. Do Wiccans celebrate Christmas?
 
 Christmas Lights
 
This one I have to say right off the bat I do not agree with. People who hate Christmas lights? Who are you? How could you hate something so magical and pretty? We never had Christmas lights on our house growing up and I think that is why I love them so much. When we were little my Dad used to drive us around on Christmas Eve after we visited our Grandparents and show us the houses with the best Christmas lights. When I get older I am going to have so many Christmas lights that my electricity bill will be through the roof. If you are one of those people who hate when people have Christmas lights up before Halloween or after Easter I am right there with you. Take those down people! They are reserved for the month of December only. Don't try to play it like you carry the Christmas spirit in your heart all year long and want to keep the holiday joy alive. You are just lazy.


Santa Claus
 
Yes, it is true. Some people hate jolly old Saint Nick. I don't know whether it is his rosy cheeks or lovable reindeer that cause all the tension but some people can just not stand the big guy! The one thing that has annoyed me about him for the last few years is having to keep the illusion that he is real in front of children. I don't mean this in a rude way. I totally want kids to have the childhood experience of believing in miracles and everything. I just have such a big mouth I always forget. I have three nieces and a nephew who I see quite often. The other day when I was babysitting my three year old niece she kept turning the light off and whispering "shhhh. Santa is coming!" After about the fifth time, I had to stop myself from saying "SANTA IS NOT REAL!" I would have felt terrible, it is just weird being around kids again. I sometimes forget who I'm talking to. Also the men who have to dress up as Santa to make some extra Christmas cash have to deal with all the whining children who don't even want to see him in the first place. I wonder how many pictures are taken of children just freaking out on Santa's lap. I would bet it is a lot. I would also just like to apologize to any adults reading this that still believe in Santa. Sorry I crushed you dreams. Maybe Santa will get you a new one for Christmas ;)
 
Christmas Music
 
I personally don't mind Christmas Music but I know a lot of people that hate it. My little brother's girlfriend being one of them. We were shopping last week and every time a Christmas song would start playing in a store she would catch herself singing and get so angry. It was actually quite amusing. There is a station in Detroit that plays only Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving. I always turn that on, hear Mariah Carey ruining a classic, and then move onto my Miley C.D because that is slightly less annoying. I do love Nsync's Happy Holidays and any Michael Buble Christmas song though. I have an idea for you! If you have someone you don't like that you know hates the sounds of the season. Make them listen to this three hour medley of Christmas music. Maybe then they will feel the Christmas joy!
 
Stores are Packed
 
This has to be the most understandable point on my list. Who wants to wait in line for 45 minutes to buy one pair of fuzzy socks? People infuriate me. I can understand if you are getting a good deal on something but most of the time what you are buying is outrageously overpriced. On Black Friday people seriously get in altercations and even die because of flippin toaster sales. Again people, PIPE THE FUCK DOWN. I assure you a sale on oven mitts is not worth doing time in prison for assault. I just hate going to the mall during December because no matter what the parking lot is full of asshole drivers who don't give a shit if you were at the stop sign first. I just can't. I have to move on from this one cause I am getting angry just thinking about it. Moral of the story is don't wait until the last minute to shop and don't lose your cool over a 2 for 1 sale on coasters.
 


Bitchy Customers
 
I have always said I could never work in retail. I can just see how unfortunate landing a job like that can be. I am always so nice to the cashiers and sales associates because they are people and deserve respect. I always say thank you and am so polite. That is why when I see people yelling at one of these workers I have to hold my tongue and also my fist back from decking them square in the face. Listen, we all get stressed. That is no reason to take it out on the nice lady that rang up your candles. Stop being so bitchy. There is no need for it. You don't know what that person is going through and your one rude comment could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. And you better hope the back she breaks isn't yours. So all I am saying is be nice. Not that hard of a concept people.
 
Bitchy Saleswoman
Now I understand that this is probably a result of my last point but I must include this one. I get it. You hate your job. You hate people who want to buy stuff from the store you work at. Blah Blah Blah. You work in customer service. So put a smile on and be friendly because no matter how wrong it is "the customer is always right." I have had two encounters recently that have made me so disgusted by how rude people can be. My older sister and I had two items of jewelry and a few other things we wanted to purchase but the lines for the registers were wrapped around the store. We saw that the jewelry counter was doing checkouts and we asked where we could take a number. The cashier looked at us and rudely said "They are on the other side of the counter. But you can't have one because you have to have jewelry from the case."  Okay now I am aware that didn't sound rude but if you could of just heard the way this lady said it. We put all of our stuff down on a stand right next to her and left. What a bitch. She was so rude. The way she said it, she should have been fired on the spot. I'm not talking about some teenager either. This was a grown ass women. We just went home after that because we were over shopping with so many mean-spirited people around. Then last week I went into Claire's hoping to use my $10 off coupon. There was no spending amount specified on the coupon and when I received the coupon the lady told me it worked like a gift card. I decided to double-check with the cashier. She told me I had to spend twenty dollars on an item. I said I didn't understand why because the coupon didn't have any guidelines that said that. She then began to explain to me as if I was an infant child that "$10 off of $10 isn't $10 off because that would be free..." Annoyed, but still being polite I said "Well, can I spend $11 because that would be $10 off and I would still be spending a dollar." She said no. By this time I was a little pissed because 10-10=0- yes but it is still subtracting 10! I asked if she could call a supervisor to ask and low and behold there were no guidelines on how much you had to spend. Just like I and the coupon had stated! She rang up my phone case that was only $8 so I said I would grab something else so that it was actually $10 off. Instead of letting me do that, she threw the phone case in the bag and said "Do you want to pay $10 for an 8$ phone case? Is that what you are saying?" She then rolled her eyes and practically threw the bag at me. The lady behind me in line could not believe how rude this lady was to me. But I just smiled and said "Have a nice day!" then walked out of the store and bitched about her to my friend for about ten minutes. Some people, man.... My advice to all you cashiers out there. If someone is being nice to you, there is no reason to take out all of your life's frustrations on them.

 

People Who Buy Their Dogs More Presents Than Their Kids

I get it. Your animals are a part of the family too. We saw little bandit in your family portrait. But come on. You can buy them a bone but you don't need to go hog-wild and buy out Petco's entire stock. My best friend asked her mom the other day why their dog's gift basket was out in the open. "She can see it and it is not Christmas yet!" Oh my. You have got to be kidding me. The dog doesn't know what Christmas is. Yes, it is still nice to treat your animals once in awhile but I really don't think you need to spend hours racking your brain about which flavor bacon strips your furry friend will like more and you certainly don't need to be wrapping any bones. Oh the world we live in....
 
Hallmark Commercials That Make Us Cry

I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS ONE! There has to be someone out there who gets all choked up when they see the neighbors decorate the old women's apartment and leave her gifts. Hell, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I hate commercials like this. They are just about as hard to watch as the ASPCA commercials with the sad music and hurt puppies. These commercials are so sweet but they make me sad. I have a weak spot for the elderly and seeing them alone just makes me upset :( I don't know why you would want to torture yourself but just incase you want to test your sensitivity- check out this commercial.
 
Clueless Boyfriends
 
Sometimes, guys just don't know what they're doing when it comes to picking out presents for their girlfriends. My boyfriend gets me candy for like every holiday. I don't care because I have come to accept that he is just a little clueless when it comes to that stuff. Sorry Chris! :) One of my sister's best friends recently posted on Facebook that she had almost broke up with her husband the first Christmas they spent together because he bought her picture frames. She said she thought that meant that he didn't like her that much. Turns out that he didn't want to get her something nice and scare her away because they hadn't been together that long. That made me laugh. Girls like thoughtful gifts. As long as you put thought into it and make it something special than that is enough. Christmas isn't all about the gifts but it is disappointing when you spend a lot of time picking out their gifts and they get you something your Grandma wouldn't even appreciate. That is bad, because Grandma appreciates everything. At least mine do. So if there are any boys out there reading this, don't be an ass. Don't wait until the last minute and just give her some chocolate kisses. Unless, for some odd reason you want to spend 2014 in the dog house. woof woof.
 
Loneliness
Single Bells! Single Bells! Single all the way!
This one is true for a lot of people. Whether they are lonely because they aren't in a relationship, they don't get along with their family, or they lost a loved one. Chris and I were dating a couple months before Christmas last year and made it official on December 23rd. So technically I wasn't alone last year but I have been in the past. It isn't fun when all of your friends are going to Christmas parties with their boyfriends and doing a bunch of festive holiday things while you sit at home alone wrapping presents for your little brother. So if you are single this Christmas just know it won't be that way forever :) Eventually you will find someone who will get you socks for Christmas and you will still love him regardless.
The holidays are hard times for families that have lost loved ones. When you have traditions with people and so many memories with them around the holidays and they pass it becomes hard to enjoy this time of year. This is my families first Christmas without my Grandpa. We used to go to my Grandparent's house every year for Christmas Eve. It is going to be sad not spending the holidays with him but I'm sure overtime it will get "easier." To anyone who has lost someone this year or any year for that matter, I feel for you and I'm very sorry.
 

Christmas Marriage Proposals
 
Why? Just why?

 
 
 
 

Alone on New Years
 
Thinking about all those new years resolutions has done something terrible. Reminded you that you will be alone on New Years Eve. Surrounded by happy couples kissing while the only thing you are puckering up for is a half empty bottle of Boones Farm. It is fine. It happens. It may not be the last year it happens either. Just remember it is perfectly expectable to kiss whoever or whatever is standing next to you. Except for of course a guy who is already with another girl and you may also want to stay away from cacti. So basically just remember- Kissing alcohol- acceptable. Kissing a cactus- painful. You don't want to go into 2014 with the nickname Porcupine lips. Just Saying.
 
 
TWEET US @BrynnLynnBeauty or comment below and tell us what you love or hate  about Christmas!
 
*This will give you bonus points for our upcoming 500 sub. giveaway!*

If you missed any of our BLOGMAS posts here they are! 
Blogmas #1- How to Deal with Final Exams!


Blogmas #2- Adorable DIY Gift Idea!

Blogmas #3- 10 DIY "Stocking Stuffers" We Love!


 
BY THE WAY! WE REACHED 500 SUBSCRIBERS!


 We currently have 521. We finish our second month on YouTube in two days. We would love to be at 600 by the end of the year! Make sure you are checking out our channel! We love you all and thank you so much for all of the support!

 

 

 

 
 
 NEW VIDEO ALERT!


Since our one year is coming up we thought we would do this fun question tag for you guys!
Check it out here!


 
                                   Check out our holiday inspired makeup look! Click here!


 
Holiday Haul!
Check it out here!


You guys asked and we answered! We vlogged our whole lives for a week.
Check out our video!  Vlogmas! Week One! 



   Want to see what is on our Christmas lists?! Check out our new video! Click here!

 Our November Favorites and Giveaway Winners! Also some pretty hilarious bloopers :)
Check it out here!

Black Friday Haul! Watch it on our channel!



 Jessica's Palette Collection is up on our channel!

 
Watch me do my boyfriend's makeup in "I Do My Boyfriend's Makeup Tag!" To watch it on our channel click here!
 
Watch Jessica's shopping haul. She went to Ulta, Target, Charming Charlie and more.
To watch it on our channel click here

 
Watch our Common White Girl Tag Video! To watch it on YouTube click here
 
 Come check out this video ---- > My Boyfriend Does My Makeup Tag!
To visit our channel CLICK HERE!

 To hear about our tattoos and piercings check out our new video!
You also get to meet some adorable kitties and Jessica's boyfriend!

Make sure to check out more of our links below!

Watch our Fitness Favorites-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzXl61KEU8
Check out or What's in my Bag Video? ------->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOHdyeY4HY
Check out our Huge Fall Fashion Haul------> http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fU3oUSeV5q0HkKKwOGqzQ
                 Facebook------>  https://www.facebook.com/BrynnLynnBeauty
                            Follow us on Twitter! ------->  https://twitter.com/BrynnLynnBeauty

     Follow us on Instagram! ------> @BrynnLynnBeauty
x0x0 Katie Lynn and Jessica


 



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML